There you are watching TV like any normal night, when out of nowhere it strikes you right in the stomach: you need a brownie.
There’s no use ignoring it. You won’t be able to think about anything else until you eat a brownie. We’ve found a recipe courtesy of Inspired Taste that will take care of your craving quicker than you can say “stomachache.”
All you need is a mug and a few simple ingredients and you’ll have a fresh brownie from your microwave without a trip to the store.
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted and not hot (melted butter, lightly flavored olive oil or neutral oil like grapeseed with also work)
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1.5 Tablespoons Coffee (room temperature)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- Salt (optional)
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder together over a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the melted coconut oil, brown sugar, coffee, egg, vanilla, and a very small pinch of salt together until blended then pour into the bowl with sifted flour and cocoa powder. Whisk until combined then carefully pour into the mug.
- Clean any drips around the edges of the mug then microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds to 1 minute and 45 seconds. Serve with a sprinkle of salt on top, if you like. Top with your favorite brownie topping – ice cream is always a good choice.
It should be illegal for a treat this good to be so easy to make. Luckily, you’re only limited by how many of these brownies you can eat in one day. We bet it won’t be just one.